Connect and prepare for university
At Southern Cross University we recognise that everyone has travelled a different path to get here so we've put together a transition program to show you what university life and study looks like. Learn more about what you can expect at university, what great services and support you can access and how you can best prepare for success in your studies. You're not alone on this journey. We're here to help you discover your future.
What happens once I decide that Southern Cross is for me?
Once you've applied for admission and advanced standing, find out if your eligible for a Scholarship or bursary.
After accepting your offer to study at Southern Cross, you will be allocated a unique Student ID that gives you access to all the online student systems you'll need throughout your studies at Southern Cross.
You'll need your Student ID to enrol in your preferred units of study, choose your classes if studying on campus and view your timetable from within My Enrolment.
Once enrolled you will be able to access your unit content through your online learning site MySCU. Here you can contact your lecturers and tutors with questions, collaborate with your peers via the discussion board and download the What is in a Unit Information Guide, your handbook for each unit (subject) of study.
5 tips to help you prepare for university
- If you need to arrange accommodation, check out UniStays for off-campus student accommodation or SCU Village for on-campus residential accommodation at the Coffs and Lismore campuses;
- To help you get settled into university life, go along to at least some of the Orientation events the week before study commences, on-campus or online. Not only will you discover more about how the university can help you to succeed during your time with us, you'll also meet staff and students who will be there to support you on your university journey and beyond;
- Step through the online New to SCU program to get prepared for the next stage in your education and discover what university is all about! Gain confidence, learn how to balance life and study commitments, and prepare yourself for this next step;
- Add the Teaching Calendar key dates to your diary or planner. Be ready from the get-go;
- While your settling in, seek help from your personal student mentor, join a Peer Assisted Study Session (PASS) and get technical support whenever you need it.
Still have questions about what it is like at Southern Cross?