Charmaine moved from the Philippines to Southern Cross University in Lismore and loves the natural environment, her independence and appreciation for new cultures. (1:27)
Moving from the Philippines to here was a big step for me because at first I didn’t know anybody here especially in Lismore.
Though living here in Orion is a big help because other international students can also help you and guide you in your stay at the University.
Southern Cross University is a great place to study abroad because they have lots of support for international students and also lots of nature which is a good environment to study.
The best thing that I have experienced here in Orion is that I became independent and also I didn’t know that I can live with other nationalities because maybe we have conflicting cultures.
But its not exactly what I’m expecting, it’s the opposite because we’re understanding each other we are respecting each other’s cultures and values and I think it’s the best thing that has happened to me.
Elizabeth is a student from the USA and loves the location of Southern Cross University’s Lismore campus, located close to Byron Bay, on the east coast of Australia. (1:29)
I think it's a beautiful campus it's just like being on a nature walk it's very calming environment.
I feel super welcomed here there's always something interesting going on.
Orion itself is a great place to start off to meet people and kind of get connected into the community. There are lots of different work opportunities in the area.
Your visa allows for you to work part time and so I've absolutely done that I've worked in hospitality and I also do support work. I think Lismore is a really great place to be based.
It's kind of halfway up the East Coast and so and Byron Bay is right there and Coolangatta has an International Airport so you have a lot of travel options but even just on weekends you can travel to places nearby.
There's gorgeous waterfalls the beaches are amazing.
There's so much to do here, the Deck and Lounge the Uni bar has events going on all the time there are trivia nights there's open mic nights sometimes
on the weekends we organise movie nights there's a cinema room which is really cool.
Once the weather gets warmer everybody's down at the pool so it's just a really fun place to study and live.
This special offer is available at SCU Village on our Lismore and Coffs Harbour campuses at Southern Cross University.
Students enjoy campus living with comfortable accommodation, a swimming pool, student lounge, outdoor barbecue area and table tennis.
The four and six-bedroom apartments combine the best of independent living with a collegiate and friendly atmosphere for fellow students.
How to apply
- Complete your International Application for Admission form with all supporting documents.
- Successful applications will receive an International Offer Package which will include the Lismore Accommodation Scholarship application form.
- Students will need to pay for their accommodation bond and utilities to accept.
- New students applying for a full degree program at Lismore or Coffs Harbour campuses.
- First six months (26 Weeks) of accommodation is offered at Campus Living Villages: Lismore and Coffs Harbour (CLV, also known as SCU Village).
- Students will be required to sign a 52 week contract with Campus Living Village (CLV).
- The first 6 months of accommodation fees are waived.
- Standard accommodations fees are payable after this period. Please refer to the CLV for fee information.
- Available for Session 2 and 3 2020 and Session 1 2021 only.
- To secure a place students must meet the conditions of the scholarship and pay the accommodation bond.
- Accommodation scholarships are limited.