Do you have a passion for the environment and sustainable management of our natural resources? Our marine, forest and environmental science degrees are taught by equally passionate academics, from our School of Environment, Science and Engineering, and have a focus on developing practical skills. Gain your scientific diving licence as part of a marine science degree or learn to use drones and GIS equipment for resource mapping and data collection. Fieldtrips are a feature of all our degrees, with living laboratories at our doorstep – World Heritage rainforests, reefs and rivers are all within easy reach of our campuses.
Career opportunities include:
- Marine biology
- Natural parks and marine reserves
- Environmental policy and planning
- Sustainable resource management
- Ecological research
- Waste management and recycling
You can also take advantage of a one-on-one chat with one of our marine and environmental science graduates.
- Simply fill in the details below to book a chat.
- A team member will contact you to find out more about what you want to study and help you think through what you might like to talk about with our graduate.
What makes Southern Cross different to other universities
- 84% of graduates are employed shortly after graduation – Quality Indicators for Learning and Teaching 2018
- Outstanding research informs cutting-edge curriculum
- National Marine Science Centre at Coffs Harbour a hub for scientific excellence
- Extensive field trips for hands-on tuition, specialist scientific laboratories
- Drones, GIS mapping and advanced analytical facilities
- Option to gain scientific diving licence (marine science)
- Ranked No.1 in Australia for median starting salary in environmental studies, 5-star ranking for learning resources – Good Universities Guide 2019.