The Lord’s Taverners (Northern NSW) University Scholarship 2018
The Lord’s Taverners Northern NSW is active in supporting our community, including a Rising Stars Scholarship at SCU.
Complete the 2018 SCU Scholarship Application by 20 December 2017.
$5000 per year for 3 years.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
It is expected that this scholarship will be available to a future student commencing in any undergraduate program in the School of Education or School of Health and Human Sciences. Lismore campus.
Expected selection criteria
Applicants for The Lord's Taverners (Northern NSW) University Scholarship must be Australian citizens or permanent residents commencing study in any undergraduate program in the School of Education or Health and Human Sciences at Lismore campus and selection based on:
- Academic achievement: an expected ATAR of 70–75+ plus any other evidence of outstanding academic performance or offer of admission as a mature aged student.
- Applicants must reside within the Northern Rivers.
- Applicants must be enrolling to study any Bachelor degree in the School of Education or School of Health and Human Sciences at the Southern Cross University Lismore campus.
- Applicants must either personally fall into the Lord's Taverners Northern NSW Inc’s definition of "disadvantaged" or demonstrate a commitment to work with young people who fall in this category.
- The selection committee will also consider the applicants personal maturity and social responsibility as evidenced by contributions to the community and by the comments of the school/college Principal or nominee.