Not offered in 2020
Explores key debates in art history and visual culture that have been central to a range of post-1960s art practices. Distinctions between Modern, Postmodern and Contemporary art will be addressed through theoretical frameworks such as feminism, post-colonialism, phenomenology, new technology, globalisation, capitalism and digital culture.
- Pop Art
- Site-specific art
- Conceptual Art
- Art and Activism
- Pictures Generation
- Critical theory
- Visual and theoretical analysis
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||articulate the conditions and contradictions of key discourses relevant to post-1960s art and visual culture|
|2||articulate the relation between a range of art practices and critical theories relevant to post-1960s art|
|3||demonstrate visual analysis skills|
|4||demonstrate intermediate-level critical writing skills|
|5||produce original and historically accurate research that draws from academic sources|
|6||summarise the similarities and differences between modern and postmodern art.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- articulate the conditions and contradictions of key discourses relevant to post-1960s art and visual culture
- articulate the relation between a range of art practices and critical theories relevant to post-1960s art
- demonstrate visual analysis skills
- demonstrate intermediate-level critical writing skills
- produce original and historically accurate research that draws from academic sources
- summarise the similarities and differences between modern and postmodern art.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.