Not offered in 2020
Introduces students to Design Thinking and its problem solving methodologies. Design Thinking unpacks the skills and strategies developed by the design process to a wide range of problems and situations. These skills and strategies include a range of conceptual and communication approaches, ways to explore and reconsider the context in which we work, as well as what should or could be achieved.
- History of Design Thinking and development
- School and the Design Thinking programme
- Project based problem solving and symmetrical application
- Key issues and potential opportunities
- Entrepreneurship and its application
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Demonstrate understanding of the concepts of design thinking and their application||Cultural competence|
|2||Apply Design Thinking methods and approaches to a project-based problem, to develop new perspectives on key issues and to identify potential opportunities||Ethical practice|
|3||Develop, test and evaluate original proposals in response to project- based problems||Lifelong learning|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate understanding of the concepts of design thinking and their application
- GA7: Cultural competence
- Apply Design Thinking methods and approaches to a project-based problem, to develop new perspectives on key issues and to identify potential opportunities
- GA3: Ethical practice
- Develop, test and evaluate original proposals in response to project- based problems
- GA5: Lifelong learning
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.