|China - TUST|
|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby|
Covers concepts, principles and tools of business finance and business financial management. It develops students’ knowledge and skills in analysing, evaluating and making business decisions related to capital investment appraisal, financing alternatives, capital structure and dividend policies. The unit also provides an overview of the business’s financial environment, risk and return trade-offs and time value of money applications.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explain how businesses make financial decisions and the nature of the broader financial environment in which they operate|
|2||apply the techniques of financial mathematics to aid in financial management decision-making|
|3||analyse and appraise capital investments|
|4||compare and evaluate alternative financing sources, capital structures and dividend policies.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explain how businesses make financial decisions and the nature of the broader financial environment in which they operate
- apply the techniques of financial mathematics to aid in financial management decision-making
- analyse and appraise capital investments
- compare and evaluate alternative financing sources, capital structures and dividend policies.
- Parrino, R, Kidwell, DS, Au Yong, HH, Dempsey, M, Morkel-Kingsbury, N, Ekanayake, S, James, J & Murray, J , 2016, Business Finance, 1st edn, John Wiley and Sons, Milton, QLD.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.