Not currently available in 2020
Evaluates regenerative strategies and practices to modify and manage rural landscapes. Physical modification of landscapes, planned grazing, fire and tillage are examined. Biological fertilisers, composting, syntropics, agroforestry and cover cropping are also explored. Students evaluate these methods of regenerative agriculture using real world examples.
- Regenerative agriculture - managing healthy and productive rural landscapes
- Indicators of landscape health
- Managing populations of animals and plants
- Managing agricultural landscapes
- Farmscaping: physically altering the landscape - earthworks, infrastructure and vegetation
- Disturbance: using time-controlled grazing, fire and tillage
- Inputs: biological, mineral and chemical
- Agronomic practices: agroforestry, cover cropping, pasture cropping, composting, no till, no kill.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||identify indicators of rural landscape health||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||evaluate regenerative strategies and practices for managing rural landscapes||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||demonstrate the capability to develop regenerative strategy||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|4||identify a range of regenerative practices||Knowledge of a discipline|
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.