Not currently available in 2021
Examines a range of alternative farming approaches and systems in relation to their geographical, social, economic and climatic context. Students will investigate and critique a range of regenerative agricultural practices to improving soil health and plant and animal productivity including agroecological design, organics, cropping and livestock management approaches. Key components of farming systems across different farming contexts will be evaluated.
- Philosophies and agroecological practices in regenerative agriculture
- Using agroecological understanding to design farming systems
- Alternative grazing systems
- Alternative cropping systems
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explore the underpinning principles of regenerative agriculture|
|2||describe a range of alternative farming systems, including horticulture, integrated livestock, cropping, organics and permaculture|
|3||construct an annotated bibliography used to evaluate the factors that can constrain or enable farming systems|
|4||critically evaluate an example of an alternative farming systems.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explore the underpinning principles of regenerative agriculture
- describe a range of alternative farming systems, including horticulture, integrated livestock, cropping, organics and permaculture
- construct an annotated bibliography used to evaluate the factors that can constrain or enable farming systems
- critically evaluate an example of an alternative farming systems.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.