Examines a range of alternative farming approaches and systems in relation to their geographical, social, economic and climatic context. Students will investigate and critique a range of regenerative agricultural practices to improving soil health and plant and animal productivity including agroecological design, organics, cropping and livestock management approaches. Key components of farming systems across different farming contexts will be evaluated.
- Philosophies and agroecological practices in regenerative agriculture
- Using agroecological understanding to design farming systems
- Alternative grazing systems
- Alternative cropping systems, including native grains
- Horticulture, pests, disease and biological controls
- Organics, permaculture and biodynamics
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||explain the underpinning principles of regenerative agriculture|
|2||describe a range of alternative farming systems, including horticulture, integrated livestock, cropping, organics and permaculture|
|3||critically review and evaluate factors that can constrain or enable farming systems|
|4||develop an agronomic team project to examine a regenerative approach to farming|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- explain the underpinning principles of regenerative agriculture
- describe a range of alternative farming systems, including horticulture, integrated livestock, cropping, organics and permaculture
- critically review and evaluate factors that can constrain or enable farming systems
- develop an agronomic team project to examine a regenerative approach to farming
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.