Not currently available in 2021
Describes the form, function and emergent properties of healthy, productive rural landscapes. Explores ecological design and planning processes and the concept of ecological indicators. Students learn the rural landscape design process including water management approaches.
- Rural landscapes: patches, landscapes and bioregions
- Landscape indicators: sustainability, productivity and efficiency
- Evaluating agricultural landscapes
- The planning elements of rural landscape design
- Rural landscape design and planning techniques
- The design and planning process: nine steps to regenerative land planning
- Digital resources and tools for rural landscape planning
- Developing an action plan
- Water management approaches including Natural Sequence Farming, Yeomans Keyline Planning, Leaky Weirs and Whole Farm planning
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||assess ecological indicators to evaluate rural landscape health|
|2||describe the geographic and agricultural elements of a rural landscape|
|3||evaluate techniques in rural landscape planning and design|
|4||utilise digital technologies in rural landscape planning|
|5||demonstrate the capability to develop a rural landscape plan|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- assess ecological indicators to evaluate rural landscape health
- describe the geographic and agricultural elements of a rural landscape
- evaluate techniques in rural landscape planning and design
- utilise digital technologies in rural landscape planning
- demonstrate the capability to develop a rural landscape plan
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.