Describes the form, function and emergent properties of healthy, productive rural landscapes. Explores ecological design and planning processes and the concept of ecological indicators. Students learn rural landscape design including water management approaches and the use of digital resources and tools for rural landscape planning. Different approaches for landscape planning will be explored and applied, including Natural Sequence Farming, Yeomans Keyline Planning, Permaculture and Potter Farm Planning.
Module 1: Planning rural landscapes: a 21st century approach
Module 2: Making sense of rural landscapes - 1
Module 3: Making sense of rural landscapes - 2
Module 4: Assessing rural landscapes
Module 5: Designing and planning a rural landscape
Module 6: Presenting your rural landscape plan
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe the geographic and agricultural elements of a rural landscape and assess ecological indicators to evaluate rural landscape health|
|2||select and apply approaches for working with the natural and agricultural capital in the landscape for efficient farm planning and design|
|3||apply appropriate digital technologies in rural landscape planning|
|4||develop an agroecological landscape design and plan.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe the geographic and agricultural elements of a rural landscape and assess ecological indicators to evaluate rural landscape health
- select and apply approaches for working with the natural and agricultural capital in the landscape for efficient farm planning and design
- apply appropriate digital technologies in rural landscape planning
- develop an agroecological landscape design and plan.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.