Develops the knowledge and skills required for effective regenerative soil management. Students assess soil structure, soil health and emergent properties of soil. The key concepts of soil management are examined. Students will learn to develop regenerative strategies for effective agricultural soil management, including carbon sequestration. Students will gain a range of practical skills in monitoring and managing soils to support the regeneration of soil ecology and biodiversity.
- Principles of regenerative soil management
- Soil ecology and biology
- Soil carbon and sequestration
- Land capability
- Defining soil health: biological, physical and chemical properties
- Assessing soil health properties
- Identifying soil constraints
- Monitoring and managing soil health and fertility
- Regenerative soil management: strategies and practices
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify the key principles of regenerative soil management|
|2||map soils at landscape and paddock scales|
|3||assess soil health and fertility and identify soil constraints|
|4||develop a Regenerative Soil Plan to apply a range of regenerative soil management strategies and practices|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify the key principles of regenerative soil management
- map soils at landscape and paddock scales
- assess soil health and fertility and identify soil constraints
- develop a Regenerative Soil Plan to apply a range of regenerative soil management strategies and practices
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.