Offering a range of leading art processes and methods, this unit promotes the continuing conceptual development and material investigation through painting, sculpture, print and photomedia, drawing, interdisciplinary exchange, material and fabrication procedures. Studio projects are introduced based on theories of contemporary art practices, collaborative practices and individual modes of research outcomes. Students will develop inventive and sustainable solutions to a series of projects that will enable them to continue to develop a personal methodology and artistic language. The theme for this unit is 'Artists Making Artists' - students research a contemporary artist and take influence from their methods.
- Influence and strength from research in art
- Personal expression and communication through material
- Advanced studio procedures and skill development
- Multi-modal understanding of art development
- Individual projects and expression
- Work health and safety
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||develop a depth of awareness of aesthetic and technical systems and the skills related to them|
|2||analyse and discuss personal and cultural influences upon artists within contemporary art practice|
|3||apply perceptual skills and critical sensibility necessary for the development of a personal artistic expression|
|4||collate and synthesise contextual research on contemporary practitioners|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- develop a depth of awareness of aesthetic and technical systems and the skills related to them
- analyse and discuss personal and cultural influences upon artists within contemporary art practice
- apply perceptual skills and critical sensibility necessary for the development of a personal artistic expression
- collate and synthesise contextual research on contemporary practitioners
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.