Building on the techniques and methods, students examine 'process', in a variety of ways, to create outcomes. Process and processes are utilised to create iterations in studio practices allowing artists to conceptualise series of works by investigating process. The process can become an archive, or the process can draw from an archive of the student’s choosing. The ‘everyday’ as a subject of contemporary art and design is significant to this unit’s field of study. The theme for this unit is ‘Process’.
- Analysing process as a means of constructing practice methods
- Process and archive
- Process and the everyday as subject
- Repetition and difference as historical and contemporary contexts
- Work health and safety
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an ability to critically contextualise their work and the work of others and its theoretical and material development|
|2||develop their conceptual strength in relation to the field of current art practices|
|3||use professional language and terminology and to undertake critical analysis|
|4||engage in and critically reflect on process.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an ability to critically contextualise their work and the work of others and its theoretical and material development
- develop their conceptual strength in relation to the field of current art practices
- use professional language and terminology and to undertake critical analysis
- engage in and critically reflect on process.
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.