Continuing with the second-year studio, this unit offers a further immersion into the student's main studio focus. The unit promotes further conceptual and material development through interdisciplinary exchange and fabrication procedures. Theoretical understanding of contemporary collaborative art practices will be used to underpin the associated projects. Students will continue to develop their material and conceptual curiosity into their idiosyncratic art language. The theme for this unit is ‘Collaboration'.
- Concept evolution and presentation skills
- Gallery and exhibition skills will be further addressed
- Individual approaches to artistic expression
- Studio investigations, mixed-media and installation strategies
- Pictorial/object design and production
- Artistic criticism
- Work Health and Safety
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||produce individual artworks which draw on well-grounded studio practice and sensitive use of materials|
|2||demonstrate competent skills in student's chosen area of self-expression|
|3||demonstrate experimentation and investigation within their own work with evidence of focus on specific themes and technologies|
|4||develop collaboration skills that may contribute to creative projects.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- produce individual artworks which draw on well-grounded studio practice and sensitive use of materials
- demonstrate competent skills in student's chosen area of self-expression
- demonstrate experimentation and investigation within their own work with evidence of focus on specific themes and technologies
- develop collaboration skills that may contribute to creative projects.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.