Develops the expressive potential inherent in students' work with the emphasis placed on independent investigation. In this unit, curiosity and imaginative problem solving are combined with advanced conceptualisation to create innovative responses to materials. Students develop an individual working program in conjunction with their lecturers, which reflects their artistic evolvement and interests. Detailed discussion is required and students work with lecturers through personal tuition and detailed critique and analysis. The theme for this unit is ‘Structure and Editing’.
- Dedicated studio engagement of art production
- Professional practice – issues and options
- Workshop and studio establishment
- Exhibition strategies and production
- Studio routines and strategies
- Advanced critique and theories
- Work Health and Safety
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||establish and pursue an ambitious and practical individual studio program|
|2||demonstrate strong self-reliance and self-direction, and the ability to construct a work program with coherent direction|
|3||produce artistic results that display advanced skill acquisition, confidence and control in theoretical concepts|
|4||display consideration of the construction methods and editing of artefacts.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- establish and pursue an ambitious and practical individual studio program
- demonstrate strong self-reliance and self-direction, and the ability to construct a work program with coherent direction
- produce artistic results that display advanced skill acquisition, confidence and control in theoretical concepts
- display consideration of the construction methods and editing of artefacts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.