|Coffs Harbour||Session 1,3||Session 1,3|
|Gold Coast||Session 1,3||Session 1,3|
|Lismore||Session 1,3||Session 1,3|
Examines the cellular and tissue organisation of the human body, the integument, osteology, arthrology, myology, the nervous system and special sensory organs, and the endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, urinary and reproductive systems. Students explore anatomical structures on human cadaveric specimens. Students use anatomical models and computers to provide a basis for understanding the structure and function of the human body.
- Cellular and Tissue Organisation
- The Integument
- The Nervous System
- The Sensory Organs
- The Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Endocrine Systems
- The Respiratory System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Male and Female Reproductive System
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of the structural organisation of the human body from cellular to the system level||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||describe the inter-relationships of structure and function of selected systems of the human body||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||demonstrate an ability to identify body structures at microscopic and gross levels.||Knowledge of a discipline|
- The information here pertains to the hard copy text (an eText is also available if you prefer –see information in 'Required online resources' below).I have packaged the hardcopy text with access to the publisher’s online resources which are called ‘Mastering A&P’. Access to ‘Mastering A&P’ is not essential for this unit, it simply provides an extra study resource for those who find it useful.: Marieb, EN, Heisler, R, Wilhelm, Mallatt, JB, 2019, Human Anatomy, Global Edition + Mastering A&P with etext, 9th edn, Pearson. ISBN: ISBN: 9781488658297.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
|Laboratory session 3.5 hrs (2 wks (Lismore))|
|Lecture online 1 hr (12 wks)|
|Laboratory session 2 hrs (9 wks )|
|Laboratory session 1.5 hrs (1 wk)|
|Exam: closed book||25%|
|Practical and Theory Exam 1 (Dry)||10%|
|Practical and Theory Exam 1 (Wet)||5%|
|Practical and Theory Exam 2 (Dry)||15%|
|Final Wetlab Exam||20%|
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.