Examines the cellular and tissue organisation of the human body, the integument, osteology, arthrology, myology, the nervous system and special sensory organs, and the endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, urinary and reproductive systems. Students explore anatomical structures on human cadaveric specimens. Students use anatomical models and computers to provide a basis for understanding the structure and function of the human body.
1. Cellular and Tissue Organisation
2. The Integument
6. The Nervous System
7. The Sensory Organs
8. The Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Endocrine Systems
9. The Respiratory System
10. The Digestive System
11. The Urinary System
12. The Male and Female Reproductive System
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of the structural organisation of the human body from cellular to the system level||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||describe the inter-relationships of structure and function of selected systems of the human body||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||demonstrate an ability to identify body structures at microscopic and gross levels.||Knowledge of a discipline|
- Valuepack includes Textbook- Human Anatomy PNIE + Pal CD + Atlas + Mastering A & P access. : Marieb, Wilhelm & Mallatt, 2013, Human Anatomy, 7th edn, Pearson Education, Australia. ISBN: 9781486042562.
- Valuepack includes Textbook - Human Anatomy PNIE + Pal CD + Atlas + MasteringA&P access: Marieb, EN, Wilhelm, PB & Mallatt, JB, 2013, Human Anatomy, 7th edn, Pearson Education, Australia. ISBN: 9781486042562..
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2014 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.