|Coffs Harbour||Session 1||Session 1|
|Gold Coast||Session 1||Session 1|
|Lismore||Session 1||Session 1|
Provides the student with the opportunity to apply the principles and objectives of an effective exercise assessment program. Program design is studied in detail in relation to different populations. Aspects of consultation, interview and testing techniques and health education will be studied with an emphasis on developing practical skills.
- General principles of exercise testing and screening
- General principles of exercise prescription and programming
- Selecting and implementing appropriate fitness and exercise tests
- Designing exercise programs for healthy individuals
- Conducting and evaluating training programs and outcomes
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate competency of, and apply, their knowledge of exercise testing to healthy and low risk individuals, showing an understanding of the principles and objectives of exercise testing and exercise prescription||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||assess exercise testing protocols and determine their appropriateness for apparently healthy populations||Communication and social skills|
|3||design effective exercise training programs for a range of applications within the apparently healthy population group||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|4||conduct and supervise a prescribed exercise program for an apparently healthy population.||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
- Essential prescribed text: Vivian Heyward and Anne Gibson, 2014, Advanced Fitness Assessment and Exercise Prescription, 7th edn, Human Kinetics, USA. ISBN: 13: 9781450466004.
- Prescribed text: American College of Sports Medicine, 2014, ACSM's Health-related Physical Fitness Assessment Manual, 4th edn, Wolters Kluwer: Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, USA. ISBN: 13:978-1-4511-1568-0.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2018 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.