|Coffs Harbour||Session 1,3||Session 1,3|
|Gold Coast||Session 1,3||Session 1,3|
|Lismore||Session 1,3||Session 1,3|
Examines cellular and tissue organisation, the integument, osteology, arthrology, myology, the nervous, endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, respiratory, digestive, urinary, and reproductive systems and the sensory organs. Students explore anatomical structures on models and computers to provide a basis for understanding the structure and function of the human body.
- Cellular and Tissue Organisation
- The Integument
- The Nervous System
- The Sensory Organs
- The Cardiovascular, Lymphatic and Endocrine Systems
- The Respiratory System
- The Digestive System
- The Urinary System
- The Male and Female Reproductive Systems
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of the structural organisation of the human body from cellular to system level||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||describe the inter-relationships of structure and function of selected systems of the human body||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||demonstrate an ability to identify body structures at microscopic and gross levels.||Knowledge of a discipline|
- The information here pertains to the hard copy text (an eText is also available if you prefer – see 'Required online resources' below): Marieb, EN, Heisler, R, Wilhelm, PB, Mallatt, JB, & Hebert, N, 2016, Human Anatomy, Global Edition + Practice Anatomy Lab 3.0 + A Brief Atlas of the Human Body, 8th edn, Pearson. ISBN: 9781488686740.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2019 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.