|Gold Coast||Session 1||Session 1|
Enhances and develops student's theoretical and practical knowledge in the in the field of lower limb biomechanics.
Mechanical and biomechanical Principles
Patterns of human movement
- Functional Anatomy
- The gait cycle — kinematics and kinetics of the whole body
Assessment of normal and abnormal biomechanical function and gait in practice and research
- Measurement: reliability and validity
- Manual assessment and observational gait analysis
- Technology assisted assessment, including: video gait analysis, plantar pressure systems, force platforms and electromyography
Models of pathological function
- Tissue Stress model
- Root, Subtalar joint rotational equilibrium, and sagittal plane models
- Assessing the evidence base
- Interrelationship between pathology and mechanical function and dysfunction
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||demonstrate knowledge of kinetic and kinematic concepts||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||demonstrate knowledge of the mechanics of normal and abnormal structure and function of the body||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||apply techniques of biomechanical assessment and gait analysis||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
|4||apply contemporary biomechanical theories to conduct and evaluate an assessment of the lower limb||Intellectual rigour||Creativity||Knowledge of a discipline|
|5||interpret the relationship between biomechanical disorders and clinical manifestations.||Knowledge of a discipline|
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2018 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.