|Coffs Harbour||Session 1||Session 1|
|Gold Coast||Session 1||Session 1|
|Lismore||Session 1||Session 1|
Provides students with knowledge of growth, development and ageing in the context of physical activity and exercise.
- Fundamental concepts and theoretical perspectives in motor development.
- Infant motor development.
- Development of human locomotion.
- Development of ballistic and manipulative skills.
- Development and ageing of the body systems.
- Development of physical fitness and motor competence.
- Sensory-perceptual development.
- Perception and action in development.
- Interacting constraints in development.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
Learning outcomes and graduate attributes
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||discuss the major theoretical perspectives in motor development||Intellectual rigour||Knowledge of a discipline|
|2||detail the development of motor skills across the lifespan||Knowledge of a discipline|
|3||describe the structural, physiological and perceptual-motor changes that occur across the lifespan||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|4||identify the effects of exercise and physical activity on growth, development and ageing||Knowledge of a discipline||Communication and social skills|
|5||analyse human growth and development peer-reviewed scientific research||Intellectual rigour|
|6||integrate growth and development knowledge and skills with other areas of sport and exercise science||Knowledge of a discipline|
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Commencing 2020 Commonwealth Supported only. Student contribution band: 2
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.