Provides students with the opportunity to integrate university studies with experience of professional practice in a biomedical setting. Students will practise and extend knowledge and skills to an applied area of biomedical science – education, pathology or research. Students will also collate their capabilities in preparation to enter the health workforce.
- Overview of practice-based research
- Case studies: integrated learning
- Careers - The recruitment process and securing a job
- Lab skills application I
- Lab skills application II
- Includes 90 hrs placement
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||use discipline knowledge and laboratory skills to analyse case studies holistically|
|2||apply appropriate methodologies to formulate a topic of enquiry and prepare a report for a biomedical setting|
|3||construct a professional employment strategy|
|4||critically reflect on own learning and professional competence in the biomedical setting|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- use discipline knowledge and laboratory skills to analyse case studies holistically
- apply appropriate methodologies to formulate a topic of enquiry and prepare a report for a biomedical setting
- construct a professional employment strategy
- critically reflect on own learning and professional competence in the biomedical setting
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.