Develops professional skills necessary for gaining employment in a student's chosen field. Includes goal setting, job search skills, résumé writing, interview skills, insights into organisational behaviour and practical approaches to dealing with common workplace issues. A key component of this unit is the development of a personalised Professional Development Plan.
Topic 1: Career planning and development
Topic 2: Professional preparation for the workforce
Topic 3: Self-awareness: underpinning career success
Topic 4: Opportunity awareness: understanding the world of work
Topic 5: Organisational behaviour and common workplace issues
Topic 6: Experiential learning for internship and/or graduate positions
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||evaluate key theoretical and practical issues relating to career planning and development|
|2||analyse the nature, scope, breadth and variety of employment opportunities and career paths in relevant industry sectors|
|3||demonstrate the ability to effectively meet the professional requirements of the employment selection process|
|4||demonstrate self-awareness in regards to a range of key skills and competencies appropriate to the workplace context|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- evaluate key theoretical and practical issues relating to career planning and development
- analyse the nature, scope, breadth and variety of employment opportunities and career paths in relevant industry sectors
- demonstrate the ability to effectively meet the professional requirements of the employment selection process
- demonstrate self-awareness in regards to a range of key skills and competencies appropriate to the workplace context
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.