|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby||N/A|
Critically analyses the role of the founder from business startup to maturity. Students explore the evolution of the startup process and build their entrepreneurial knowledge across various contexts of leadership, building teams, managing external stakeholders, executing strategy and financing.
Module 1: Understanding Entrepreneurs
Module 2: The Founder's dilemma
Module 3: Moving from 'me' to 'we'
Module 4: The importance of managing stakeholders
Module 5: Letting go
Module 6: Pains and Gains of the Founder's journey
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify the traits, behaviours and competencies necessary to become a successful business founder|
|2||demonstrate self-awareness of current capabilities and deficiencies in skills to effectively navigate the entrepreneurial journey|
|3||examine the differing leadership and communication proficiencies required to navigate through the venture development stages individually and/or in groups|
|4||relate the importance of stakeholders to entrepreneurial ventures.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify the traits, behaviours and competencies necessary to become a successful business founder
- demonstrate self-awareness of current capabilities and deficiencies in skills to effectively navigate the entrepreneurial journey
- examine the differing leadership and communication proficiencies required to navigate through the venture development stages individually and/or in groups
- relate the importance of stakeholders to entrepreneurial ventures.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.