Service design thinking employs a human-centred approach to understand, create and improve product and service experiences. Design research methods and tools are used to identify and investigate contemporary service problems, applying design principles and practices to engage stakeholders, define problems and develop innovative solutions. Through the use of various tools and techniques, service prototypes and solutions are conceptualised that endeavour to deliver exceptional human-centred experiences.
1. Service design principles and practice
2. The service experience
3. Service design research
4. Ideation and conceptualisation
5. Service prototypes and solutions
6. Design strategy
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply service design concepts, principles and tools to identify, explore and understand service experiences|
|2||analyse service design research to develop insights that prioritise innovative service solution options|
|3||formulate suitable concept design proposals that seek to resolve or improve service problems|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply service design concepts, principles and tools to identify, explore and understand service experiences
- analyse service design research to develop insights that prioritise innovative service solution options
- formulate suitable concept design proposals that seek to resolve or improve service problems
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.