|China - TUST||N/A|
|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby||N/A|
Provides opportunities to apply established strategy frameworks and tools to contemporary organisational contexts to understand the pursuit of sustainable competitive advantage. The unit encourages students to critically engage with the latest thinking about the realities of strategy as a complex social practice characterised by politicised processes. The unit integrates and applies knowledge gained in previous units.
Module 1: Strategy formation: History and Strategy Development
Module 2: Internal analysis: Strategic capability and culture
Module 3: External analysis: The macro and industry environment
Module 4: Evaluating levels of strategy and strategic options
Module 5: Implementing strategy
Module 6: Business ethics, corporate governance & corporate social responsibility
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of strategic management tools, frameworks and processes|
|2||apply strategic management theories to the analysis of real-world case studies|
|3||critique the strategic management approach of a contemporary organisation|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of strategic management tools, frameworks and processes
- apply strategic management theories to the analysis of real-world case studies
- critique the strategic management approach of a contemporary organisation
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
- Students only require the "text only" version of this book. It is not necessary to purchase the "text and cases" version: Whittington, R, Regner, P, Angwin, D, Johnson, G & Scholes, K, 2020, Exploring Strategy, 12th edn, Pearson Education, Harlow (UK). ISBN: 9781292282510 .
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.