|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby||N/A|
In this unit we explore the crucial role of business in solving social and environmental problems whilst remaining economically viable in the long term. Innovative business models guide the creative transformation of business including the redesign of products and services, and production and delivery systems, so that business becomes a powerful and positive change agent.
Module 1: Sustainability, social responsibility and business
Module 2: Sustainable business best practice
Module 3: Sustainable business models
Module 4: Managing energy, waste and supply chains
Module 5: Life cycle analysis, sustainability accounting and sustainable consumption
Module 6: Social entrepreneurship and ethical business.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply sustainable business principles to transform conventional business organisations into sustainable organisations|
|2||evaluate organisational performance against sustainability best practice benchmarks|
|3||develop creative solutions to remove causes of unsustainability|
|4||evaluate the potential for business to solve social problems.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply sustainable business principles to transform conventional business organisations into sustainable organisations
- evaluate organisational performance against sustainability best practice benchmarks
- develop creative solutions to remove causes of unsustainability
- evaluate the potential for business to solve social problems.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.