Provides practical workplace experience within a student's chosen field. Students can undertake a placement in any appropriate industry sector relevant to their degree (ie. tourism, hospitality, events, clubs, human resource management, finance, marketing, accounting and information technology) in Australia or overseas. These units provide an opportunity for students to apply concepts and principles of business management to a relevant workplace setting and better appreciate the nature of employment in their chosen industry sector.
Topic 1: Introduction and setting the scene
Topic 2: Establishing a learning plan
Topic 3: Why reflection?
Topic 4: Evaluating and enhancing the business operations of your organisation
Topic 5: Organisational structure and culture
Topic 6: Focusing on managerial skills and qualities
Topic 7: Towards mastery and excellence
Topic 8: Reviewing the personal & professional impact of your placement
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||effectively meet the requirements of the employment selection process|
|2||explain the nature, scope, breadth and variety of employment in your chosen sector|
|3||demonstrate capability and willingness to undertake a range of duties required for employment in your selected industry sector/s|
|4||apply concepts and principles of business management appropriate to the requirements of the work environment|
|5||critically evaluate the skills and qualities required for success as a manager or supervisor in an industry setting|
|6||demonstrate development in transferable employment skills and professionalism.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- effectively meet the requirements of the employment selection process
- explain the nature, scope, breadth and variety of employment in your chosen sector
- demonstrate capability and willingness to undertake a range of duties required for employment in your selected industry sector/s
- apply concepts and principles of business management appropriate to the requirements of the work environment
- critically evaluate the skills and qualities required for success as a manager or supervisor in an industry setting
- demonstrate development in transferable employment skills and professionalism.
- No prescribed texts.
- This unit uses the same text that was used in the Professional Development for the Workplace unit: Robbins, SP, Judge, TA, Millett, B & Jones, M, 2010, OB: The Essentials, Pearson Australia, Frenchs Forest. ISBN: 9781442500464.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.