Provides students with the insights and skills entrepreneurs require to create new ventures. Introduces the process of identifying new business opportunities and informs how to select a suitable business model, protect key intellectual properties, and adopt an effective organisational structure. The unit concludes with strategies to sustain growth and options to harvest new ventures.
Module 1: Introduction to new venture creation
Module 2: Recognising and seizing opportunities
Module 3: Business models for the 21st-century and beyond
Module 4: Knowledge protection and organisation structures
Module 5: Managing growth, crises, and recovery
Module 6: Harvest options and strategies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||assess and identify opportunities for new venture creation|
|2||develop a business model suitable for new ventures|
|3||identify intellectual properties of strategic importance to new ventures and ways of protecting them|
|4||recommend organisational structures and strategies to manage new ventures' growth and harvest options.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- assess and identify opportunities for new venture creation
- develop a business model suitable for new ventures
- identify intellectual properties of strategic importance to new ventures and ways of protecting them
- recommend organisational structures and strategies to manage new ventures' growth and harvest options.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.