Introduces students to key theories and concepts in management communication. Develops students’ skills to become effective business and academic communicators, writers and speakers. Students will learn to prepare clear and powerful messages, both individually and in groups. Students will learn strategies which will help them plan, write, revise and edit business documents. Through this process, students will also develop an understanding of, and skills in, the principles of academic integrity and academic writing.
1. Communication foundations
2. The writing process
3. Writing styles
4. Communicating with people: Corporate communication
5. Communicating with people: Interpersonal communication
6. Communicating with people: Collaborative communication
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify and describe the foundations of communication as an interactive process|
|2||examine and develop the skills, techniques, and practices used in professional written communication and oral presentations|
|3||analyse the interpersonal aspects of communication and how they affect a manger’s ability to communicate|
|4||describe how collaborative communication technologies impact communication in today’s workplace.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify and describe the foundations of communication as an interactive process
- examine and develop the skills, techniques, and practices used in professional written communication and oral presentations
- analyse the interpersonal aspects of communication and how they affect a manger’s ability to communicate
- describe how collaborative communication technologies impact communication in today’s workplace.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.