|Melbourne - The Hotel School|
|Sydney - The Hotel School|
Deals with the realities confronting entrepreneurial decision making in a contemporary context and introduces students to core entrepreneurship concepts - students assess how to harness the creative potential of complex dynamics in a systemic approach that creates, grows and amplifies value throughout the system. The unit explores business strategy and entrepreneurship and provides a framework for understanding relevant theory and its application.
Topic 1: The Development of Entrepreneurship
Topic 2: Creativity and Innovation
Topic 3: Contemporary Entrepreneurship Practices
Topic 4: Entrepreneurial Leadership and Management Skills
Topic 5: Entrepreneurial Planning and Growth
Topic 6: Building a Team and Leading a Growing Company
Topic 7: E-commerce and the Entrepreneur
Topic 8: Identifying Opportunities for New Ventures
Topic 9: Screening Opportunities and Potential Markets
Topic 10: Accessing Resources for New Ventures
Topic 11: Financing New Ventures
Topic 12: Global Aspects of Entrepreneurship
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:||GA1||GA2||GA3||GA4||GA5||GA6||GA7|
|1||Demonstrate an understanding of core theoretical frameworks that underpin the field of entrepreneurship.||Intellectual rigour|
|2||Evaluate and critique proposed entrepreneurial endeavours through an examination of their theoretical and market foundations.||Lifelong learning|
|3||Explain innovation and critique the innovativeness of proposed entrepreneurial endeavours and activities.||Creativity|
|4||Assess the integration of entrepreneurial endeavours with a firm's stated strategic imperative.||Lifelong learning|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of core theoretical frameworks that underpin the field of entrepreneurship.
- GA1: Intellectual rigour
- Evaluate and critique proposed entrepreneurial endeavours through an examination of their theoretical and market foundations.
- GA5: Lifelong learning
- Explain innovation and critique the innovativeness of proposed entrepreneurial endeavours and activities.
- GA2: Creativity
- Assess the integration of entrepreneurial endeavours with a firm's stated strategic imperative.
- GA5: Lifelong learning
- Scarborough, NM & Cornwall, JR, 2018, Essentials of Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management, Global Edition, 9th edn, Pearson, Pearson Higher Ed, USA. ISBN: 9781292266022.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.