Provides an overview of the twenty-first century’s global business environment, and the challenges international business managers confront on a daily basis. It also informs how to assess business opportunities around the globe, take effective decisions related to entering new markets, develop sound international strategies, and fine-tune marketing and staffing approaches to survive and thrive in an ever-dynamic and diverse marketplace.
Module 1: The global business environment
Module 2: Cooperation between nations and government intervention
Module 3: Implications of culture, ethics and social responsibility
Module 4:Country risks and emerging markets
Module 5: Assessing market opportunities and entry strategies
Module 6: Global marketing and human resource strategies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||summarise the global business environment and the risks it involves|
|2||assess the ethical challenges and social responsibility of global businesses|
|3||analyse global opportunities and identify the markets with the greatest potential|
|4||recommend strategies for global businesses to navigate complex business environments.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- summarise the global business environment and the risks it involves
- assess the ethical challenges and social responsibility of global businesses
- analyse global opportunities and identify the markets with the greatest potential
- recommend strategies for global businesses to navigate complex business environments.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Cavusgil, ST, Knight, G, Riesenberger, JR, 2019, International Business: The new realities, 5th edn, Pearson, Australia. ISBN: 9781292303246.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.