This unit deals with the challenges confronting global business managers. First, it explores the vibrant and dynamic global business environment, and the opportunities and threats posed in a global environment. Then the focus turns to the development of global business strategy, addressing strategic management, entry strategies, organisational design and the functional areas of marketing, finance and human resource management.
Topic 1 – The Global Marketplace
Topic 2 – International Trade theories, Government Intervention and Emerging Markets
Topic 3 – Differences in Political Economy
Topic 4 – Cultural Empathy and Social Responsibility
Topic 5 – Managing Global Business
Topic 6 – Global Marketing Strategies
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Discuss global markets and the theories that underpin global trade|
|2||Assess the opportunities and threats in the global business environment|
|3||Understand cultural risk and evaluate its impact on ethics and social responsibility of global businesses.|
|4||Recommend effective marketing and management strategies for global businesses|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Discuss global markets and the theories that underpin global trade
- Assess the opportunities and threats in the global business environment
- Understand cultural risk and evaluate its impact on ethics and social responsibility of global businesses.
- Recommend effective marketing and management strategies for global businesses
- Newer edition of the textbook is now available: Cavusgil, ST, Knight, G & Riesenberger, JR, 2019, International Business: The New Realities, Global Edition, 5th edn , Pearson Higher Ed , USA. ISBN: 9781292303246.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.