Not currently available in 2022
Enables students to undertake an analysis of a business, industry or social problem or opportunity which students undertake at a substantially independent level in this capstone research unit. Through learning, developing and applying an evidence-based research design, students create an industry-accessible publication that reports on the research process and elaborates on business solutions and research implications.
- What is industry research?
- Identifying problems for research
- Reviewing literature to inform research approach
- Designing a research project
- Understanding data analysis
- Developing quantitative research tools
- Developing qualitative research tools
- Quantitative analysis
- Qualitative analysis
- Reporting to industry
- Actioning research
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||independently identify and justify business / industry related problems or issues worthy of investigation|
|2||produce and present proposals outlining research project plans for critical review|
|3||analyse organisational problems and provide recommendations that are evidence-based|
|4||provide a professional documented report relevant to selected stakeholders.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- independently identify and justify business / industry related problems or issues worthy of investigation
- produce and present proposals outlining research project plans for critical review
- analyse organisational problems and provide recommendations that are evidence-based
- provide a professional documented report relevant to selected stakeholders.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.