Enables students to undertake an analysis of a business, industry or social problem or opportunity which students undertake at a substantially independent level in this capstone research unit. Through learning, developing and applying an evidence-based research design, students create an industry-accessible publication that reports on the research process and elaborates on business solutions and research implications.
Module 1: Starting your business project
Module 2: Reviewing the literature
Module 3: Managing the research process
Module 4: Analysing quantitative data
Module 5: Analysing qualitative data
Module 6: Writing the report
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||independently identify and justify business / industry related problems or issues worthy of investigation|
|2||produce and present proposals outlining research project plans for critical review|
|3||analyse organisational problems and provide recommendations that are evidence-based|
|4||provide a professional documented report relevant to selected stakeholders.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- independently identify and justify business / industry related problems or issues worthy of investigation
- produce and present proposals outlining research project plans for critical review
- analyse organisational problems and provide recommendations that are evidence-based
- provide a professional documented report relevant to selected stakeholders.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Saunders, M, Lewis, P, 2017, Doing Research in Business and Management: An essential guide to planning your project, 2nd edn, Pearson Publishing, United Kingdom. ISBN: 9781292133522.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.