Not currently available in 2021
Provides an advanced understanding of quantitative research methods and the appropriate statistical procedures for the analysis of data obtained from various research designs. The unit also provides an understanding of the statistical computer program necessary to undertake such analysis.
Covers the following areas of business research methodology:
Topic 1: Elements of scientific research
Topic 2: Quantitative research design
Topic 3: Quantitative data collection
Topic 4: Quantitative data analysis
Topic 5: Descriptive statistics
Topic 6: Univariate analyses
Topic 7: Analyses of difference between two variables
Topic 8: Measures of association between two variables
Topic 9: Multiple linear regression
Topic 10: Logistic regression
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||apply the range of methodologies appropriate to quantitative research|
|2||develop research questions and conduct hypothesis testing|
|3||apply various sampling and measuring techniques and issues associated with quantitative research designs|
|4||conduct, interpret and present in an academic and practitioner context a variety of quantitative analyses for different research questions|
|5||demonstrate literacy skills to assist in reviewing, understanding and assessing published research in your specific field.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- apply the range of methodologies appropriate to quantitative research
- develop research questions and conduct hypothesis testing
- apply various sampling and measuring techniques and issues associated with quantitative research designs
- conduct, interpret and present in an academic and practitioner context a variety of quantitative analyses for different research questions
- demonstrate literacy skills to assist in reviewing, understanding and assessing published research in your specific field.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.