Applies the concepts of the engineering design process and design philosophy to an authentic engineering problem. A core aspect of the unit is introducing students to the Engineers Australia (EA) Stage 1 competencies. Students apply skills important to engineers, including the use of reflective writing to demonstrate the development of EA competencies. Students also develop the basic skills of statistical analysis as applied to engineering.
- Introduction to engineering and its sub-disciplines
- Reflective practice and Engineers Australia Stage 1 competencies
- Introduction to design thinking and engineering processes
- Engineering skills including communication including technical drawing and report writing
- Conceptual problem-solving techniques
- Statistical analysis in engineering
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||use reflective practice when explaining Engineering Australian Competencies (stage 1), ethics and engineering skills within specific engineering disciplines|
|2||use collaborative practices, design thinking and engineering processes to solve engineering problems|
|3||apply basic statistical analysis to engineering applications.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- use reflective practice when explaining Engineering Australian Competencies (stage 1), ethics and engineering skills within specific engineering disciplines
- use collaborative practices, design thinking and engineering processes to solve engineering problems
- apply basic statistical analysis to engineering applications.
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.