Develops understanding of the various elements required to successfully tender for projects. The importance of non-cost based components, interpreting the tender document, and weighting and scoring of tenders will be examined. Students will also complete a basic project tender.
Principles of tendering
Accessing and interpreting tender documents
Weighting and non-cost items
Preparing a tender document
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate familiarity with construction terminology and construction code principles|
|2||describe the use of contract documents, bids, and bonds for a tender application|
|3||identify and select conventional and novel construction methods as appropriate for different construction tasks|
|4||apply systematic project management processes to prepare and evaluate a tender document as part of a project team.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate familiarity with construction terminology and construction code principles
- describe the use of contract documents, bids, and bonds for a tender application
- identify and select conventional and novel construction methods as appropriate for different construction tasks
- apply systematic project management processes to prepare and evaluate a tender document as part of a project team.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.