Introduces students to skills in critical thinking and analysis through engaging with ideas and debates relevant to everyday digital devices and networked culture. Students will identify and critically engage with debates in the media and understand their philosophical, social and cultural contexts.
Module 1: Thinking critically about digital culture
Module 2: What is an argument?
Module 3: Dialogue and inclusion
Module 4: Data and privacy
Module 5: Artificial intelligence and machine learning
Module 6: Caring machines
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||critically analyse ideas and debates surrounding everyday digital practices|
|2||relate issues and debates in digital practices to their philosophical, social and cultural contexts|
|3||develop, evaluate and articulate different views and arguments|
|4||engage in constructive discussion about issues and debates relating to digital practices|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- critically analyse ideas and debates surrounding everyday digital practices
- relate issues and debates in digital practices to their philosophical, social and cultural contexts
- develop, evaluate and articulate different views and arguments
- engage in constructive discussion about issues and debates relating to digital practices
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.