Introduces students to the skills and concepts essential to the production of a range of contemporary media forms. The unit emphasises important storytelling principles, and the production processes that are shared by all creative digital forms. Using available digital technologies and working individually or collaboratively, students propose and produce a short audio-visual digital story.
- Media and storytelling
- The storytelling process
- The production process
- Narrative and genre
- Visualising your story
- Transmedia storytelling
- Online media
- Contemporary media identity
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an understanding of pre-production processes in digital media production|
|2||demonstrate an understanding of the principles of narrative and storytelling in media production|
|3||apply a working knowledge of the terminology, processes, and equipment used in digital media production|
|4||write, plan, and contribute to the creation of short digital media works.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of pre-production processes in digital media production
- demonstrate an understanding of the principles of narrative and storytelling in media production
- apply a working knowledge of the terminology, processes, and equipment used in digital media production
- write, plan, and contribute to the creation of short digital media works.
- Cohen, H, Salazar, J & Barkat, I, 2009, Screen Media Arts, Oxford University Press, South Melbourne, Victoria. ISBN: 9780195562446 / 0195562445.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.