Not offered in 2021
Introduces students to the Arts and Humanities by using a range of approaches from the Humanities and Creative Arts to think about popular culture. Through a series of encounters with advertising and music video students develop skills in creativity, cultural analysis and critical reflection.
Topic 1: Introducing the Arts, Humanities and popular culture
- The Arts, the Humanities and the world around us
- Popular culture
Topic 2: Culture and Society
- Communication and Cultural Studies
- Politics and Society
Topic 3: Creative arts
- Creative Writing
- Media Studies
- Art and Design
- Contemporary Music
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Demonstrate knowledge of a number of approaches the Arts and Humanities use to understand the world and our relationship with it|
|2||Demonstrate skills in cultural analysis|
|3||Demonstrate an understanding of the role of creativity in the Arts and Humanities|
|4||Demonstrate an ability to critically reflect on one’s place within contemporary culture|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of a number of approaches the Arts and Humanities use to understand the world and our relationship with it
- Demonstrate skills in cultural analysis
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of creativity in the Arts and Humanities
- Demonstrate an ability to critically reflect on one’s place within contemporary culture
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.