2024 unit offering information will be available in November 2023
The unit develops students’ understanding of the university culture of scholarship whilst developing their critical thinking and information literacy skills. Students will explore the nature of knowledge, including their own biases and limitations, developing an understanding of how information can be presented and interpreted in relation to a range of real-world, contemporary issues.
- Critical Thinking: epistemology or how we know, what we know
- Academic Communication: group work
- Critical Thinking: frames & biases
- Information Literacy: current, relevant, authoritative sources
- Information Literacy: interpreting data
- Academic Integrity: text ownership & authorship
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Identify how students know what they know; and identify frames, heuristics and biases.|
|2||Working in groups|
|3||Identify relevant sources for university study and demonstrate an understanding of text ownership and authorship|
|4||Interpret visually represented data|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Identify how students know what they know; and identify frames, heuristics and biases.
- Working in groups
- Identify relevant sources for university study and demonstrate an understanding of text ownership and authorship
- Interpret visually represented data
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.