2022 unit offering information will be available in November 2021
The unit explores the conventions of written academic communication. Students will develop an understanding of, and skills to meet, the academic community's communication expectations. The unit will develop students' ability to engage in academic dialogue with academic integrity.
- Digital literacy: Accessing, assessing and disseminating information online
- Academic integrity: Paraphrasing, summarising, quoting and referencing
- Academic writing I: Paragraphs, connections and respectful language
- Academic writing II: How to write essays and reports
- Academic writing III: Vocabulary and style
- Alternative genres of academic communication
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||Access, evaluate and disseminate information online|
|2||Use academic bibliographic conventions of citation and referencing|
|3||Demonstrate understanding of the genre conventions of academic essays and reports|
|4||Communicate effectively and ethically in academic writing: Summarising, paraphrasing, quoting and using respectful academic language|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Access, evaluate and disseminate information online
- Use academic bibliographic conventions of citation and referencing
- Demonstrate understanding of the genre conventions of academic essays and reports
- Communicate effectively and ethically in academic writing: Summarising, paraphrasing, quoting and using respectful academic language
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.