Provides students with an opportunity to pursue in depth a topic of particular interest to them arising from theoretical or practical issues raised in earlier units of the Major being undertaken within their Bachelor degree. A supervisor chosen from their field of study will review progress towards a major project. Research/creative projects will be closely supervised by an interdisciplinary team chosen from the School and can be undertaken independently or as a group activity.
This is an independent-study unit under supervision. However, broadly the unit comprises:
- an introduction to research techniques and methods
- project conception
- values and ethics in the research process
- relating method and content in research
- presenting work-in-progress and
- completing an independent project under supervision.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||identify a research area of interest, methodologies relevant to that research area and sources relevant to that research area|
|2||produce a research project proposal outlining a research project in the field of study|
|3||appropriately communicate research findings|
|4||produce a substantial piece of research in a form consistent with professionals and/or practitioners in the field.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- identify a research area of interest, methodologies relevant to that research area and sources relevant to that research area
- produce a research project proposal outlining a research project in the field of study
- appropriately communicate research findings
- produce a substantial piece of research in a form consistent with professionals and/or practitioners in the field.
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed texts.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.