|China - Guangxi UST||N/A|
|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby||N/A|
Covers the fundamental concepts of data communications and computer networks. The unit provides students with a theoretical understanding of the models, protocols, switching and routing technology, which drives data exchange both within and between computer networks. Students will also gain practical skills to analyse network protocols and explore network services.
1. Fundamental concepts of data communications
2. Fundamental concepts of computer networks
3. Network addressing and protocols
4. Basic network switching and routing
5. End-to-end communications
6. Contemporary computer networks and network security
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||describe and explain the fundamental concepts and building blocks of computer and communication networks|
|2||demonstrate in-depth understanding of the TCP/IP protocols|
|3||understand the architecture and services of the internet and the role of internet security|
|4||discuss the role of modern computer networks in everyday life and businesses|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- describe and explain the fundamental concepts and building blocks of computer and communication networks
- demonstrate in-depth understanding of the TCP/IP protocols
- understand the architecture and services of the internet and the role of internet security
- discuss the role of modern computer networks in everyday life and businesses
Prescribed Learning Resources
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.