|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby||N/A|
Provides an introduction to the IT industry and interactive exposure to personal computers, hardware, and operating systems. Students participate in hands-on activities and virtual lab-based learning to become familiar with various hardware and software components and discover best practices in maintenance and safety.
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||install and configure computers and mobile devices|
|2||troubleshoot problems with computers and mobile devices|
|3||identify common security threats like malware and social engineering|
|4||identify and discuss safety and environmental issues associated with Information and Communication Technology.|
|5||identify requirements for Industry CompTIA A+ Certification.|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- install and configure computers and mobile devices
- troubleshoot problems with computers and mobile devices
- identify common security threats like malware and social engineering
- identify and discuss safety and environmental issues associated with Information and Communication Technology.
- identify requirements for Industry CompTIA A+ Certification.
- No prescribed texts.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.