|China - Guangxi UST||N/A|
|Papua New Guinea - IBSU Port Moresby||N/A|
Provides an introduction to the IT industry and interactive exposure to personal computers, hardware, and operating systems. Students participate in hands-on activities and virtual lab-based learning to become familiar with various hardware and software components and discover best practices in maintenance and safety.
- Preventative maintenance and other hardware
- Cloud and printers
- Other operating systems
- Security, safety and ethical issues
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||install and configure hardware, software and networks for computers and mobile devices|
|2||analyse and troubleshoot common issues affecting computers, mobile computing, software and other devices|
|3||identify security, safety and environmental issues related to information and communication technologies|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- install and configure hardware, software and networks for computers and mobile devices
- analyse and troubleshoot common issues affecting computers, mobile computing, software and other devices
- identify security, safety and environmental issues related to information and communication technologies
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
CISCO Portal. Student login will be provided. All activities and materials will be provided via MySCU site and this CISCO portal.
Packet Tracer software - freely available via CISCO
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.