Gives students an in-depth understanding and practical experience in managing small-to-medium enterprise networks. Students will gain knowledge and skills to conduct different network management tasks including monitoring and controlling network performance, security and configuration, troubleshooting network issues and providing advice and guidance to management on planning and upgrading networks.
1. Network Management Models, Standards, Architectures and Protocols
2. Site Surveys and Configuration Management
3. Performance and Fault Management
4. Accounting and Security Management
Unit Learning Outcomes express learning achievement in terms of what a student should know, understand and be able to do on completion of a unit. These outcomes are aligned with the graduate attributes. The unit learning outcomes and graduate attributes are also the basis of evaluating prior learning.
|On completion of this unit, students should be able to:|
|1||demonstrate an in-depth understanding of network management architectures, models, protocols and standards|
|2||conduct predefined procedures and steps to manage network faults, configuration, accounting, performance and security|
|3||work in a team to provide network planning, maintenance and provisioning to maintain business continuity|
|4||research and provide advice and guidance on the selection of contemporary computer and communication network technologies|
On completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- demonstrate an in-depth understanding of network management architectures, models, protocols and standards
- conduct predefined procedures and steps to manage network faults, configuration, accounting, performance and security
- work in a team to provide network planning, maintenance and provisioning to maintain business continuity
- research and provide advice and guidance on the selection of contemporary computer and communication network technologies
Prescribed Learning Resources
- No prescribed texts.
- No prescribed resources/equipment.
- Prescribed text information is not currently available.
- Prescribed resources/equipment information is not currently available.
Teaching and assessment
Commonwealth Supported courses
For information regarding Student Contribution Amounts please visit the Student Contribution Amounts.
Fee paying courses
For postgraduate or undergraduate full fee paying courses please check Domestic Postgraduate Fees OR Domestic Undergraduate Fees
Please check the international course and fee list to determine the relevant fees.